Aston Vision Sciences was started with the central aim of leaving a lasting positive impact on the world- not only through connecting billions of eye sufferers with life changing care, but also wider ranging and equally important environmental considerations which are desperately necessary to save our beautiful earth.
AVS takes these matters very seriously and it is at the core of our company culture. How do we make a difference?
- 100% Renewable Energy- AVS is supplied by Opus Energy which supplies over 368,000 UK premises with green energy (correct as of Feb ’22) and aims to be carbon neutral by 2030!
- Ecosia Search Engine– Plant trees though online searches. It takes roughly 40 searches to plant a tree and since inception in 2009, Ecosia has planted over 144 million trees worldwide.
- Company tree planting activities- AVS is planning to support the Seven Trent tree planting program which together with the Woodland trust, aims to plant 1.3 million trees in our midlands area by 2024. Get involved here.
- Limit waste through elegant engineering- We absolutely hate waste and if we can avoid creating it in the first place, then this is where we should start. AVS instruments will be build tough to stand up to regular usage and future diagnosis expansion will be possible through purchasing of accessories rather than new instruments.
- Recycle Waste- If we do create waste, the know that AVS will endeavour to recycle as much paper, plastic and batteries as we can. Less going to landfill means less problems we are sweeping under the carpet for the future.
Although AVS is a small company with limited resources, these simple actions we have implemented allow our activity to be sustainable and give back to the planet. And the even better news is that we are not alone- we are part of a growing international trend of organisations that are looking to leave this planet in a better way that we were given it. Through millions of small steps in the green direction, many companies can make the difference needed to save and improve our way of life. You can too.